Wednesday, January 12

handmade christmas: part III

First post of the new year...I can't believe we're almost halfway through January already. I've spent the past 2 weeks in serious wedding-mode trying to get things checked off. We went dress shopping in Louisiana, then booked our venue, caterer and coordinator!

I've also been busy getting a few last minute things together to send to my sister and brother-in-law who are expecting their first baby in February.

In my last two posts, I showed you the beginning of my hand-made Christmas gifts here and here, but I also made these adorable booties for the infamous future-niece....


Also handmade this Christmas - cards! We didn't have a picture that we wanted to use to order cards and I also didn't like the idea of spending a bunch of money on them. So, since I recently learned to emboss, we had handmade cards instead. Here are a few of my favorites:



My apologies for the terrible photo, it was late at night and these babies need to be tucked away into their envelopes so, unfortunately, this is as good as it gets! My cards weren't amazing (paper crafting has never been my strong point - I feel it needs way to many gadgets and tools that I just don't have) but they were unique, hand written and made with love. Which -in the end- is really what counts!

Now that I've finally posted all about Christmas - let's move onto this month. I made my first ever baby hat (by way of crochet) and this was also the first time I followed a pattern for a crochet project.





You can find the pattern here on Ravelry. However, for the flower I sort of just made it up as I went along. I love how the woman who posted the original pattern used a clip and button to make her flowers interchangeable but I just dont have those things on hand....next time! I will also say since this is only my second official crochet project the 30 minute baby hat turned into 1 hour baby hat.

My next, and currently in progress, project is a plarn bag. What is plarn? Check out this website and then check back to see my finished product. Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...