Monday, January 17

resolutions

I needed a goal for 2011 and decided to pass up the normal resolutions like lose weight or eat healthier. Already started on my list of things to do before we leave Alabama, I decided to use my new love of PaperBack Swap as the jumping off point for my goal/resolution: 50 books in 2011.

I know a lot of people have their goal set at 100 books or even 75. But seeing as there are only 52 weeks in a year I knew that both those would be completely out of reach for me. I wanted this to be fun, and attainable. So 50 it is. I think the biggest challenge will be getting/finding enough books; 'ordering' books from PaperBack Swap usually takes a little longer than just picking some up at your local B&N.

So let me begin my list of 50 books in 2011...

1. The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
           This book had me hooked from the start. It began a little slowly and I was looking for a more action but as the plot began to speed up I was wanting to pump the breaks (in a good way!). This one will make you giggle, cry and, most of all, appreciate the people in your life who love you. Oh, and if you don't knit already you'll want to go out a grab a pair of needles before even cracking this one open!

Reading Now: Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...